Need Step-up Assistance

What would you like done?
I’m 1 person trying to run an entire company - from product development to manufacturing to shipping. I do it all - therefore, I just don’t have time to properly set-up my Discourse forum. Here’s what I need done:

I need someone to take our current Discourse forum -

mydomainname.discoursehosting.net/

And set it up so it is visible on my current website as -

forum.mydomainname.com

Don’t know if you need this bit of info - but our website is in Adobe Muse.

In addition, I need for you to set-up our Discourse forum so all of the incoming topics, are placed into a particular Category of our choosing.

When do you need it done?
The sooner the better.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
Hoping $40 to your PayPal account will cover everything.

Thank you!

Hey,

Seems like you hosted forum with Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting)

Below DNS settings would do

Adding Your own domain & making it as primary

In order to add a hostname within your own domain to your forum, you need to create a CNAME record in your DNS for this hostname, and it should point to _mydomainname.discoursehosting.net/.
If (and only if) you cannot create a CNAME record (for instance if the hostname is the domainname), you should point an A record to some ip given by discousehosting. you can find in control panel of their

DNS Settings for e-mail

If you don’t have an SPF record yet, you’ll need to add one for your domain. At a minimum, the value should be the following if you’re only sending mail through us for that domain:

v=spf1 include:spf.Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) ?all

If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you’ll need to add our servers to that record by adding include:spf.Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all, or -all).

4 Likes

Your paid hosting should be assisting you with this – you are asking about DNS (domain name) settings. You would set those at the same place you purchased your domain name from.

Yes, indeed, you can just contact support@discoursehosting.com if you need any help with such things. We’re there to help you!

I’m sending you a PM.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for the answers!

Tech support at Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) emailed / pm’d us and they got it up and running super-fast!

One less thing on the To-Do list. The new forum looks great!

Thanks again everyone -

3 Likes