New Category Button Disappeared

(Dustin) #1

I’ve looked through the settings numerous times. Nothing has really changed. I added multiple new categories earlier today. It’s a little frustrating, and I really don’t understand what’s going on here. I’m the site owner and admin, and of course, I’m logged in. Thanks.

(Steve Combs) #2

I see the new category button on desktop for my site, but it is missing for me on mobile. Would like to get that back also.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Was there ever a new category button on mobile? Is creating new categories a common mobile activity?

@eviltrout is this related to you guys’ HTML/CSS changes? I don’t see a new category button on desktop here at all? Kind of a bad regression.

(Dustin) #4

@codinghorror thanks for confirming this has been driving me mad. I didn’t realize updates to the core were live, though. It worked fine hours before.

(Robin Ward) #5

It looks like it was related to dropdown changes. It looks like the new component had the wrong name so was not being used. Fixed here:

@joffreyjaffeux I’m not sure if you meant to rename it? But it’s probably left as the old name in case people were extending it somehow.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #6

Not so sure about the fix, it might involve something else. I will have a look, also I will avoid changing names, ok.

(Dustin) #7

I’m still not seeing the button. Was this an update to Ember, and will be fixed in an update?

(cpradio) #8

You will have to do an upgrade via /admin/upgrade

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #9

It’s now fully fixed

Thanks for reporting this.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #10