New signups not receiving welcome email

I have signed up to my forums with a few email addresses to test if the welcome email is being sent. It doesn’t seem to be sending it.

I can see in the logs that the digest email gets sent regularly and also the test email works ok too.

I am not sure what the issue could be if someone could help me with this.

Thank you

1 Like

This came up before. Troubleshooting email on a new Discourse install.

EDIT: But (in a PM I learned that) I got it wrong. The real issue here is that the “Welcome Email” is really an activation email, and if you use an auth provider that “welcome message” isn’t sent.

1 Like

Hello @Paul_King1, sorry for closing this message so abruptly, but from @pfaffman other topic "Welcome Message" is really an *activation message*, I see this may still be an issue, so feel free to provide more details here to help others either with the same problem or help us figure out a solution.

2 Likes

That is absolutory fine. Thank you for getting back to me.

I would rename this to “Activation Email” rather than “Welcome Email”, for me this makes more sense. I think people will be less likely to get confused when they believe that they are not receiving there welcome email.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.