"New Webhook" button is enable but not working

I have the admin role for our account, and when I try to click on “New Webhook” the button is clickable, but nothing happens, and we don’t have anything in the console or network layer.

Is there some solution to that? Would it be a bug or a permission bug?

Hello, I think this issue has been fixed a few days ago. Webhook creation broken in latest build? I am pretty sure if you update your site to the latest it will fix it for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can confirm. Had the same issue and latest patch fixed it!

The last update that I have here is 8 Dec. The fix was after that day or exactly 8 December?

Looking at the commit history, it was on the 8th Dec

If you click on your commit number you should be able to see if you have it yet or not. :+1:

FIX: Admin webhook regression in 321b14d (#19379) · discourse/discourse@22cae00 · GitHub

I can’t see that version part. Is it necessary other role besides “admin”?

Related to the updates, I can see just that part:

The version section is visible to admins, though only if you’re self-hosted. Do you have managed hosting? If so, you would need to ask your provider to update your instance. :+1:

You could also Find what version of Discourse you're using

1 Like

I’m using 2.9.0.beta14 (the same of @JammyDodger), but the problem still happening.

But your Version is older than the one @JammyDodger linked.
You are on 3fdb8ff. The fix was in 22cae00
Here you can see that your version is older

I’ve slipped this topic over into #support as the bug has already been fixed and we just need to work out the best way to get your site updated to take advantage of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you tell us a little bit about how you installed your site, or who you host with?

Hey guys.
Sorry for the delay, but we got to contact our account owner and the version was updated and now I have the webhooks enabled again.

Thank you for your support.

1 Like