No information initial scroll up

I find on mobile when going to a new link or something the page opens all the way at the bottom. it’s as if your scroll position from previous page stays the same when you go to a new one. There is nothing until you still up and then you will see the footer and last post etc. New pages should open at the top.

Thanks

Hope that makes sense.

What mobile platform (iOS, Android, Windows…), what version, and what browser? Can you reproduce it loading Meta?

Is this for only topics you have read or all topics?

The reason I ask is because Discourse “remembers” your “place” in a topic so it won’t load in at the beginning if you’ve read it before.

@jomaxro iOS (9.2.1) and chrome (48.0.2564.87). I’m a bit sketchy on the details as I’ve just kinda overlooked it without noticing too much. I’ll keep an eye out and post some more info.

@Mittineague yeah not sure. I think it happened in a new topic unviewed before but will confirm.

1 Like

I wonder if this could be related to the issues @sam has found with the new Chrome on iOS:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/occasional-blank-screen-using-ipad-ios-chrome/38774/4?u=jomaxro

from reading that it sounds the same. it’s as if there is a blank

under the footer. it looks like the page is still loading then I scroll up and it has loaded just out of view.
2 Likes

it’s not a big issue really. just makes you think it hasn’t loaded.

Looks like the same issue, refer to previously linked topic.