No longer able to add chat channel when "Automatically add users" is checked

I’m no longer able to add a public chat channel (where everyone is automatically added).

When I go to add one and fill out the form, on create I get a modal:

Clicking on yes closes it but the channel is not created.

It lets me create a joinable channel with no issue tho. I have upgraded to the latest Discourse and it’s still the same… any ideas what’s going on?

2 Likes

Looks like a bug to me.

I can reproduce the strange blank dialog, but creating the channel works for me when I say “Yes.”

A workaround that seems to work for now is to create the channel without “Automatically add users” selected, and then go back and edit the channel to turn that on.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I was able to create a second channel in that manner… however when I try to create the one I originally wanted to it does not work (clicking on creating channel does nothing) and whenever I click on create channel I get this in console:

The category is a child category and a typical everyone can see reply create, so I’m not sure what’s going on :confused:

Update:

I managed to create it, but had to change the slug from name-chat to name-chat-channel

Is there anyway to change it to name-chat?

We just pushed a fix for this issue:

Thanks for the report.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.