New chat channels not always showing in side col

Not sure if this is related to this: No longer able to add chat channel when "Automatically add users" is checked but when creating new channels, they don’t always show in the side col (but they do here: site.com/chat/browse/open).

I keep refreshing the page, but they don’t show, however if I go to site.com/chat/browse/open and then scroll to the bottom, they appear in the side col.

We have 78 channels, most are joinable with a handful public (everyone added). I have joined all of our channels just to keep an eye on them.

I guess there’s a limit to how many will show? Is it needed? Should it be user-configurable?

Quick suggestion related to this as well - would it be possible for the rooms that have unread messages to be shown last the top? Currently I have to scroll through the list to get to the room with unread messages, it would be much nicer if rooms with unread messages were always at the top :blush:

Hi AstonJ, do you have screenshots or a video of this behavior, so we have a better view of the issue? :slight_smile:

Hi @Canapin, it might be easier if you set it up on a test as what I’ve found is when you go to site.com/chat/browse/open and as you are scrolling down and they are loading in… they begin appearing in the side col as well.

Here’s the list of countries we have added so far:

• Afghanistan
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Benin
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Cambodia
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Cuba
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Egypt
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ghana
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jersey
  • Kenya
  • Lao
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macedonia
  • Malaysia
  • Mexico
  • Moldova
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Norway
  • Pakistan
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Rwanda
  • Senegal
  • Serbia
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Zimbabwe

All the above are joinable, and we have handful that are public (everyone automatically added).

It might just be easier/better to always have the channels with unread messages at the top…

Hi, this is a current limit of our UX which is not yet designed for that many channels, as a temporary workaround you can use the shortcut: CMD + k or Window + k to show a quick access modal which should allow you to find your channel quickly.

This is ofc not our mid/long term solution.

3 Likes

That should be Ctrl-k on a Windows machine, not Windows-k

But thank you for making me discover Windows-k which makes me connect my Airpods to my PC in much less clicks :wink:

1 Like

ahah yes we define it as meta key in code and I couldnt remember if it was window or control in windows :+1:

2 Likes