Not recieving Discourse notifications on iOS and Android

Hello! I recently haven’t been receiving notifications from Discourse on my iPhone 8. When I asked the community I belong to, I found that many people - both iOS and Android users - are not recieving notifications on their device. Is anybody else having this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Jake

1 Like

This happens to me too :frowning:

1 Like

Who hosts your community? Only sites on our hosting can be expected to work with phone notifications as it is a paid service, you have to send money to Android (Google) / iOS (Apple) for it to work.

1 Like

For self hosted forums, push notification only works for Android, and you should activate this option : push notifications prompt to invite your users to receive notification. It’s not activated by default

1 Like

The team who runs it is Flying Development Studio. I’ve linked the community below.

That is a hosted site. Can you be much, MUCH more specific about what you mean when you say “not receiving notifications”? Give us a step by step repro of what you mean, with examples?

We have no other reports of issues with mobile notifications across our network at this time.

Sure.

Before, I would get notified on my phone (not just by email) about the community.

i.e. “@jakevaz423 - “nice job!”

Starting a few days ago, I am not getting those type of notifications anymore, and neither is most of the community. The weird thing is that some people on the community are reporting that they are still recieving notifications.

1 Like

Are you able to tell me on what version of the app you are please? I got one report before but couldn’t reproduce.

I’m using Discourse 1.3.0 on my iPhone 8 running iOS 12 Developer.

OK thanks I will investigate, I do receive notifications on the same kind of configuration.

3 Likes

I fixed the issue on iOS for customers we host. It was due to a recent upgrade in one of our internal applications. I will investigate android more tomorrow. But android will probably require an app update. Will keep this post updated.

Note: it might fix issues on android too, but I’m pretty sure this won’t fix 100%. So if you are still experimenting issues on android please let me know you device/os version/android app version. Thanks.

3 Likes

Yep, just started recieving notifications. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

We believe this is now resolved, apologies for our error, and thank you for your patience!

2 Likes