One Unique H1 tag is missing on homepage

I made this last time Remove duplicate H1 from topic & other pages to improve SEO rankings for topic pages

and the team did fix the duplicate H1 from topic pages, but now on homepage there is no H1 tag.

1 unique H1 tag is essential on all pages of a site for crawlers to understand the page.

Please add unique H1 on homepage, tag pages, category pages and user profile pages. and please make sure this unique H1 tag is not duplicated on topics pages. On topics pages, the behaviour is correct as there is already 1 unique H1 on homepage.

Similarly the meta description of each page should be unique as well. Right now, if i put the meta description in site settings, the same meta description is repeated on tag pages, author pages etc. This should be unique too.

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m also noticing that the issue with missing unique H1 tags is still present. It’s crucial for SEO. Are there any updates or plans to fix this? Thanks!

Actually it is not. Google makes its own mind, mostly because web admins and SEO consults started to try manipulation with those years and years ago.

But semantically it should be fixed.

2 Likes