Onebox-embedded thumbnails don't get resized sometimes for emails

As you can see, this is kinda large.

It’s supposed to be like this:

The movie image is 509x755 in size.

(Thread here)
(Also just noticed that avatars aren’t circles in emails yet)

Actually, the first link was submitted in the Assets for the Site thread and the second one in a new, usual thread.

The email of the first one arrived like

and the second one like this:

1 Like

I’m seeing something similar to this as well. The images are not able to go “full screen” on the Discourse site if they are emailed in. But the full-sized image is included in the email notifications.

Seems that there is some optimizing going on out there for images, maybe some of the changes haven’t made it to the inbound email section yet.

Oddly I thought that rebuilding the HTML for the post might work to lightbox the content, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. Though if you click to open the image in a new tab, you see the full screen image.

I have noticed it varies by email client as well.

The display size of the image in the client or if it get’s lightboxed in Discourse is impacted by the email client?

My bigger concern right now is the fact that it doesn’t get lightboxed on the Discourse website. Which means the only way to get to the “full sized” version is by right clicking on the image and selecting the option to open the image in a new tab.

Oh sorry you meant for emailed in images. @zogstrip you should have a look at that.

1 Like

@zogstrip fixed this in:

1 Like