Open shortcuts from keyboard in Firefox 52.0.2

Continuing the discussion from Search shortcut opens Quick Find on Firefox:

Another similar bug:

• open a topic with many replies (try this or this)
  • open the shortcut using Shift+? (if you use only ? Firefox open “search by link” at the bottom of the page)
  • when you open the shortcut the topic scroll up or down and search replies that contains a question mark
  • randomly (not always) the question mark is highlighted and has the Quote button

Running 52.0.2 on Linux here. I cannot reproduce the bug with those directions. If I hit / (which is on the same key as ? for me) and then hit ? (by use of Shift+/), then I see that behavior.

And I don’t really see it as a Discourse bug, myself. Although it would make it hard to search for question marks with the built-in Firefox page search.

Can’t reproduce on latest Firefox, the bug is another thing entirely different:

On latest firefox, the search keyboard shortcut opens both Firefox and Discourse search at the same time.

3 Likes

I see this strange behaviour with Firefox on Windows 10:

I don’t know why in the gif seems that I click on post instead of the close button.

Ah, I see, it is opening both the browser search and the Discourse keyboard shortcut similtaneously. Which is what I believe @Falco was seeing. You can barely catch it doing that in your screen capture though, but it is there (bottom left corner).

3 Likes

Exactly. Here I can see the left corner of the screen :

Is this still an issue?

1 Like

No, this bug has been fixed.

3 Likes