Opengraph and Twitter cards markup for a topic

(Egor Lavrenkov) #1

Hi,

As it is my first topic on that forum, I just want to say thank you for the great product. We in CUBA Platform really love it :slightly_smiling_face:

We make announcements of new features on the forum to give an opportunity to the community to give their feedback on the spot. When I include the link to Discourse topic on Twitter the image is always our logo. Unfortunately, I can’t edit the snippet generated by Twitter, which is luckily not the case for Facebook. As a result, we have lots of tweets with logo, for instance, that one. On Facebook, it looks like that.

I looked through the preferences of our forum and found only fields for the twitter markup for all the pages. So, can I somehow change the twitter card markup for the specified topic?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

I believe it should default to the first big image in the post you link to, with fallback to twitter summary large image url.

(Egor Lavrenkov) #3

Is there a way not to include the image in the post but to set it in twitter:image tag?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

A custom image only for the post, that isn’t in the post? No that’s not possible.