Option to have external TOS open in a new page

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #1

Continuing the discussion from Exclude TOS from getting squashed by git pulls?:

So, we did this, and find that users who click on that TOS are essentially booted from the forum.

Even if it were on the discourse site, I’d rather have the TOS/Guidelines page open in a new window anyway

What do the powers behind Discourse think about having those open in new windows at all times?

(Kane York) #2

I’m pretty sure this is available, right here:

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #3

If we’re talking about the items in the hamburger menu, those don’t open in a new window, despite the setting for default external links in new tab

In this image, the FAQ link goes to our Zendesk site, and does not open a new window.

(Kane York) #4

You’re logged in - what’s your personal setting for external ilnks in new tab? How about a new account?

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #5

My setting is to open in new windows.

Same on a new user.

(system) #6

Any updates on this? We are also facing the same issue, where we have set tos_url and privacy_policy_url to point to our main app, and even after setting “Open external links in new tab” in both the admin settings as well as the user settings, the links are opening in the same tab.

(James Pick) #7

did anyone find a solution or workaround for this. When I click TOS or Privacy policy it opens my website page replacing the forum in the current browser window rather than opening a new tab.

(Sam Saffron) #8

You would need a theme component to make that work, there is no built in way.