[Paid] Set up and Customise a Forum for our Students

What would you like done?

We are an online training school (www.CoachCampus.com) delivering courses to 4000 students from 90 countries around the world.

We want to set up a new forum for our students, as part of a bigger Learning Platform. Currently we are using hosted Vanilla Forums, and before that we used vBulletin. We nearly moved to Xenforo, but in the end we have settled on Discourse mainly because it is so good on mobile.

Customisations

I have no idea if any or all of these are possible, and Im happy to take what I can get. But here is the wishlist:

• Advanced user search (by city, language, coaching niche)
  • Map based search (or something that shows the location of our students)
  • Groups search (we want to set up language groups ie Chinese Coaches, Italian Coaches etc.)

Integrations

Once again if it is not possible thats fine, but we would LOVE the following:

• Wishlist Member, the plugin that we use to manage our students (ie we have 3 course levels, and timeframes. Wishlist member manages access to these programs which are in wordpress)
  • Freshdesk - our support software

When do you need it done?

Starting asap

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

How long is a piece of string. I don’t want to throw figures around, but let me say that i am very happy to pay properly for proper work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t say I’m aware of anything specific that does this, but I know we’ve done this sort of thing with custom plugins in the past. So that would be an option.

Have you looked into this:

Like this: https://meta.discourse.org/g

As long as you set up SSO between Discourse and WordPress, you can put in some hooks to assign and remove Discourse group access and link those two.

Do you have an idea of how you want this linked?

I’d be happy to jump on a call and work through all of this with you and get you an estimate. You can catch me at hello@procourse.co.

3 Likes

Hi @joebuhlig - thanks so much for the reply and apologies for the delay.

Id love to jump on a call and explore the options. Ill send you an email

cheers

Robyn

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.