[PAID] - Setting up USER access via Zapier

What would you like done?

I am setting up a private community.

I am after setting up USER access via Zapier based on ADDED TO LIST in ActiveCampaign.

• I can have users tagged or added to a list (group) in ActiveCampaign (AC).
    • AC is already connected with my Zapier account.
  • I have 6 levels (groups) of users.
    • Group A, B, C… etc.
    • And I wish to give them access to specific categories based on the group/level they belong to.
    • If a group (trust level) does not have access to a category, I would prefer that they do not see any posts from that category. Or that category is hidden. However, if we cannot hide those categories completely, I don’t want them to see the content in those categories.
  • Trigger : When a new contact is added to Group A in AC (or added to a list in AC) ==>> Zapier to give Access (i.e. send invite email) to add a user to a specific group.
  • So when they log in, they only see the categories they are authorised to see.
  • I have certain subscriptions & products with payment plans as well.
  • I would need to set up another trigger (zap) to revoke/suspend access when payment is declined or cancelled.

I don’t expect you to set up zaps in zapier or set up my categories.

I am after some video instructions showing me how to do this step by step.

• What do I need to do in discourse, or what settings do I have to have to categorise users in discourse.
  • And how to set up the zap in Zapier. I have been using Napier for a while, but I still cannot figure out what needs to be done in discourse.
  • And if I get stuck, you can at least respond to my query so I can get this up and running.

I have never used Discourse, and I would appreciate this help.

Please let me know how much would you like to charge, and I can pay you via PayPal.

When do you need it done?

I need to get this down ASAP because my trial is about to end. And unless I am sure that this can be done, I cannot signup for a paid plan.

What is your budget, in $ USD, that you can offer for this task?

I am not sure how much would something link this costs, but please let me know what you would like to charge.

At first glance, anyway, I don’t see a zap to add a user to a group. You might need another tool to make that happen. If you’re committed to ActiveCampaign then you might need to move to Enterprise or self-host with a custom plugin.

The other parts of your issue, wanting members of groups to have access to categories is described at How to set / configure private / closed group access, membership and visibility

1 Like

Its possible to make arbitary API requests as demonstrated in this topic: How to make requests to the Discourse API with Zapier

1 Like

Discourse is really good and I have spent almost a month testing various other solutions. However, it is beyond my skill level to create, manage or maintain. So I have cancelled my trial.

I don’t have the time to sit and go through another learning curve.

Regards
Amber Khanna
Development Director

IMPORTANT
:bangbang: Don’t miss out, SUBSCRIBE

D73BE0B93CAC4959AE94D3F950446869.png

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.