PAID Wordpress-Discourse SSO

Looking for someone to configure SSO for small non-profit community site.

Wordpress and Discourse are running, with Discourse set up as the comment engine.

I have had some issues with the Primetime Wordpress + Discoure SSO plugin generating a redirect look.

For example, the URL generated in Wordpress on logging in:

http://example.com/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/discourse.example.com/session/sso_login?sso= [STRING REMOVED]

This is a very basic install of both systems, and will be used by a small community.

Does the SSO in wp-discourse work? GitHub - discourse/wp-discourse: WordPress plugin that lets you use Discourse as the community engine for a WordPress blog

wp-discourse is configured, and SSO activated. It does not redirect to the WordPress site for users to login (whereas the Primetime plugin would attempt to).

I am looking for someone to check the settings/troubleshoot.

Still looking…

Will be paid when SSO configuration completed (located in Australia — can do direct bank transfer (paypal or similar for elsewhere).

Can you post screenshots of the relevant configuration pages here? On the Discourse site, this is the Login category in site settings, from enable sso to sso not approved url.
Remember to blank out the secret.

I suggest you check in with @AdamCapriola - he did a great job with our discourse/wordpress SSO implementation for http://namati.org and continues to help out.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @tobiaseigen I was in touch with Adam previously, and he indicated he was occupied with other projects.

Looks like I resolved this myself, after tweaking some of the settings. Will start a new thread should I need further assistance.

Appreciate all the suggestions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.