Patron was added to the group but no badge?

Hello, first of all, thank you plugin creators for making this!

My first Patron has made their pledge, and was added to the patron group, but didn’t get the badge I created. I checked the query for the badge and changed it to the group name (since I didn’t name that group Patrons), but that didn’t solve it…
What do I need to do?
Thank you for your help!

The badge job runs once a day, so it will take up to a day to get the badge. To hurry it along, go to example.com/sidekiq/scheduler, search for BadgeGrant, and hit Trigger.

1 Like

Thank you @Mark_Schmucker for your fast response and help, I did what you said, also waited a day to be sure… but still no badge :frowning:
I checked in badge cp and did the test query, then it also says that no badges will be awarded… so something else is going on…

Post your query or experiment in Data Explorer?

This is the query, it’s the one the patreon plugin created for the badges. the only thing i changed the name of the group in supporters instead of patreon.

select user_id, created_at granted_at, NULL post_id from group_users where group_id = ( select g.id from groups g where g.name = 'supporters' )

and it returns 0 cases. Should be 1 :slight_smile:

I use the same query for many badges, by just changing the group name. Works for me. Use the group “Name”, not “Full Name”. Does the query work with other groups?

2 Likes

Ok… facepalm time once again… the name is case sensitive… didn’t realize that. Also at first I confused the badge name with the group name… (since they both had the same name). And then I discovered it case sensitive… it now returns that it grants to 1 user :slight_smile: Thank you for helping me solve it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which name? We need to stamp out all needless case sensitivity…

@codinghorror Sorry I just see this now, it was the group name.

1 Like