I have a private discourse instance where the private message option is disabled to avoid bullying / trolling among students
College needs an urgent requirement where the students should have a mechanism to reach a group of staffs for any complaints.
Ideally we need a category where the students can post but not see the list of posts. In other words a category with “Create Only” restriction for students group.
Let me explain the ideal usecase flow below
- Student submits a topic to a specific category eg. “helpdesk”. Students cannot see the list of topics in this category (including his topic).
- Student can always see his submitted topics/posts through “My Posts” header in the home page.
- “helpdesk” category is handled by a group of staff members. They can see all the topics. They can reply to it. May be also create topics for staff discussion.
- Any reply from the staff will reach the specific student who posted the topic. The student can reply back. (refer point 2)
If I think about it, it solves lot many usecases like
- helpdesk for customers in SAAS / any organization
- talk to your CEO / ombudsman kind of scenarios for internal usage in orgs
- for personalized training / q & a among introvert audience.
Please let me know how to proceed in this case. Is this something to be added in the core. Will you implement in short term.
In worst case, what will it take to implement by myself as it is a little urgent need.