Apologies if this is already discussed — it’s hard to know what to search for.
Right now, although users can select why they are flagging something, all flags seem to be treated equally in the review queue — and they all go on the “permanent record” of the person whose post got flagged. I mean, I know you can filter by “Type”, but they still notify staff in the same way.
I would like to encourage people to flag posts (including their own) which could benefit from curation but aren’t problematic per se.
That is, for things like:
- Please move topic to a different category, or add or remove tags
- This (and possibly replies) should be split to new topic
- This topic is a duplicate – please merge into this other topic
- I can’t edit my own post anymore but need to make an important update
- other similar things that I can’t think of right now
… I’d like:
- A different notification indicator (different color and shape)
- No permanent record
- Won’t hide the post or anything like that
- Not treated as a negative for TL
We could try to train people to not flag for these things, but instead post in our Help category or send a PM, but that feels like more trouble for users and less likely to be used.
and the new AI search didn’t find anything either ↩︎
bonus feature – allow suggested tag and category changes, allow review/action at a configurable TL, and automatic action based on enough agreement at even lower TL ↩︎
I’d really love first-class mark-as-duplicate support, a la Stack Exchange ↩︎