Plugin outlet question

I wrote a theme component to add a banner to my site (above site header), it works, but when the chat panel shows up, 1) on the desktop, the chat header will be covered by the site header, 2) on the mobile, the chat input box will be pushed out of the screen (below the viewport).

Anyway to fix this issue? I assumed the plugin was not initialized correctly so the chat drawer can’t detect it, but don’t know the solution.

Thanks in advance.

<script type="text/discourse-plugin" version="0.8">
const h = require("virtual-dom").h;

let user = api.getCurrentUser();

api.createWidget("general-banner", {
    tagName: "div",
    html() {
        if ( !user || (user && !user.custom_fields.user_field_2  )) {
            return [
            //content
            ];
        }
    }
});

</script>

<script type="text/x-handlebars" data-template-name="/connectors/above-site-header/general-banner">
 {{mount-widget widget="general-banner"}}

</script>

1 Like

just to add a note - i believe widgets are gradually being phased out in favor of ember components but they should still work for awhile.

3 Likes

I find the issue seems to be related to still having the chat plugin installed, I didn’t remove it from app.yml when it was merged to the core.

After removing the line it works, but still, a minor issue that the chat composer sometime will be covered by Discourse Tab Bar for Mobile

Happy to see the issue was fixed after removing the plugin from app.yml :slight_smile:

Interesting. It was raised here:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discourse Tab Bar for Mobile