Possible to post already published posts from WordPress to Discourse?

I am in the process of integrating a current blog with Discourse, and I have it set so that all new wordpress posts are automatically posted to discourse. Based on the way the options look, it would seem that it would be possible to “send” existing posts to discourse by choosing the Discourse category and selecting the "Publish post to Discourse: " box. I have tried this, and existing posts aren’t being sent. I’ve also noticed that the Discourse category can’t be updated in WordPress after a Discourse post has already been published. Is there a setting I’m missing or a way I can change this? If post content is updated in wordpress, the same content changes are synced in discourse, so it seems like it’s watching for some changes, maybe just not all.

1 Like

This actually appears to be working, but I found an issue with the way the wp-discourse settings work. I recently had to change the Discourse URL and found in the database that this field never got updated. Deleting these rows and updating the posts I wanted published seemed to fix the issue.

7 Likes

I’m wondering if there is a way to bulk publish old posts to Discourse? (as I have a blog with 393 old posts I’d like to publish and don’t really fancy having to manually edit 393 posts…)

2 Likes
4 Likes