Post Badges

This is awesome! ty for creating this! :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

Works like a charm! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hi! greate component!

Is it possible to show only the higher trust badge? if you are a user 3, do not show user 1?

5 Likes

It is now! Great suggestion @ElForoViajero :heart:

If you update the component, you will find a new theme setting:

@wkoenig Thanks! Iā€™ll have to think about your suggestion. Iā€™m not sure how it would affect performance and what the layout implications would be. Iā€™m donā€™t know if/when Iā€™ll get to it, so you may want to see what you can do on your own if you are itching for that as a feature.

13 Likes

That was a great touch!
But it doesnā€™t work in non english locales. For example in Greek the trust level 1 is spelled as ā€œĪ‘ĻĻ‡Ī¬ĻĪ¹ĪæĻ‚ā€ and the css class is ā€œarchariosā€. So neither the only_show_highest_trust_level setting or the drop down works.

3 Likes

Ah, youā€™re right! Thanks for the report. Iā€™ll see what I can do about multi-locale support soon. It shouldnā€™t be too difficult to fix.

7 Likes

amazing, thanks a lot for the improvement!

1 Like

I added this an itā€™s not finding any of my badges even the default ones included

2 Likes

Ok, letā€™s see if we can figure out the source of the issue! It would help to know the following:

• Are there errors in your browserā€™s error console?
  • Current theme settings (if you can take a screenshot of the list of badges, that would be great)
  • Browser and version
  • Discourse version
2 Likes

Errors in Browser
include.preload.js:335 [Deprecation] Element.createShadowRoot is deprecated and will be removed in M73, around March 2019. Please use Element.attachShadow instead. See Chrome Platform Status for more details.
createShadowTree @ include.preload.js:335

THEME SETTINGS:

BADGES:
JUST THE DEFAULT ONES

BROWSER AND VERSION:
Chrome FOR MAC Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Discourse Version:

Installed

v2.4.0.beta2 +261

INSTALLED: v2.4.0.beta2 +261

I can give admin iff needed I just set this up on Google Cloud using the official insatll

2 Likes

Ok thanks! This all looks ok so far. A couple more things to confirm:

• Have you done a ā€œhard refreshā€ of the page after adding the component?
  • Can you add a screenshot of the theme settings for the Post Badges component? This should rule out any errors in the badge names and such.
3 Likes

Yes I have I even tried a new browser completed Launcher reset and its not showing the default ones

See Editor a Default Badge

1 Like

Ah ok. I see what it is. You need to capitalize the badge name. I did make a note with the setting to enter the badge name as it appears on the badge page, but this is an easy mistake to make and should be easy enough to prevent it from being quite so sensitive. Iā€™ll remember to work on this and the non-English locale support mentioned a few posts up the next time I get an opportunity to work on this component.

4 Likes

Even with the Capital it doesnt show

1 Like

You need to select ā€œCreateā€ and then click the green checkmark that displays to the right of the setting. It doesnā€™t have a list of badges built-in, you are just creating an entry for a specific badge that you want displayed.

3 Likes

Ahh ok thats my mistake thanks :slight_smile: It Did Work

2 Likes

One more thing One of the Badges isnt showing its showing the popup text and I see in the Badge it Shows
BADGE:
53%20AM

BADGE SETTINGS

On Display
WHERE THAT BLANK SPOT IS SHOULD BE THE BADGE
50%20AM

2 Likes

I can repro that with the css3 font awesome icon. Iā€™ll do some digging and get back to you when Iā€™ve figured out whatā€™s going on.

2 Likes

Thanks Ill try some other ones I added it to my groups for now thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

More I have issues with

fab fa-linode
fas fa-laptop-code
fas fa-pencil-ruler
1 Like