Post entry: Entered text deleted on enter

Hello,

I encounter the following problem:

When creating a post and starting a new line with a mention immediately followed by a colon all text entered after the mention will get deleted when pressing the enter key.

Before pressing Enter:

@example: The quick brown fox

After pressingEnter:

@example

I’m on 2.3.0.beta2 +98…

Thanks, Arnd

2 Likes

Could be this is an edge case in completion involving the colon instead of a space?

You can try pressing enter after completing the name.

I tried different things:

• @example + enter
    User completion pop up closes
  • @example: + enter
    User completion pop up closes after pressing : and : disappears after enter
  • @example Something + enter
    User completion pop up closes after pressing space and all text after username disappears after enter
  • @example: Something + enter
    User completion pop up closes after pressing : and all text after username disappears after enter
  • @example: Something + backspace + enter
    User completion pop up closes after pressing : but all text remains after pressing enter
    If the last character before enter is a backspace the text is not deleted

I became aware of this problem as a user encountered this and was wondering why his entered text disappeared when pressing enter

2 Likes

This looks bad, we should not be deleting anything when there’s a space… @maja can you have a look? Be careful, there are lots of worms in that can.

I am pretty sure this was all fixed by @dan and @sam a while back.

3 Likes

Sure, @maja can close if she can’t reproduce.

I did a retest and all but one case now work fine. The only case still behaving strange is:

• @example Something + enter
    User completion pop up closes after pressing space and all text after username disappears after enter

This only happens if a single word is entered containing only characters. It does not happen if multiple words are added (separated by space) or if there are non alpha characters (like ,, ? or <-).

I’m on v2.3.0.beta3 +16.

1 Like

Closing since I can’t reproduce this here.

@Arnd, feel free to flag to re-open if you can.