Post flagged inappropriate by system

Hello everyone,

there are several posts of users on my hosted discourse who are flagged by the system as inappropriate. They do not post links or any bad language. So I dont know why they are flagged. Also I dont know how to help them?!
-> Can I somehow configure flagging by the system and even turn it off?

(found also others with that topic but not that specific)

Thank you!!!

The most probable reason is the anti-spam measure “the user typed too fast.”

There could be others, but this was the first I encountered on my installation.

1 Like

There recently was a really bizarre and thankfully brief bug around flagging that caused, in some rare circumstances, a like :heart: to be counted as a flag. So be sure to update to latest code!

1 Like

Thank you for the answers.

The system flagging we get dont seem because the user typed to fast or used inappropriate links.
Is there another option to somehow configure the system to flag posts?

We’re also getting apparently false “New user typed too fast” positives. I tried visiting the topic linked by @Heather_Dudley but the link is dead.

I’ll configure that detection via min_first_post_typing_time, but is it possible to see just what it was that the user type “too fast”?

This user complained their account was put on hold. I can’t see what it was that they did:

The admin page for the user shows 1 created post, but I can’t see it?

The user activity shows nothing:

Could it have been a message to Discobot?

I’ve just had a quick run-through, and I think it’s from where the user deleted their pending post while it was waiting to be approved. Does this sound like it could be the case?

In the meantime I found the post and approved it. It wasn’t deleted by the user.

I can’t quite recall where I found it :frowning: