The Post Folding plugin, created by Lhc_fl, allows staff and specific user groups to manually collapse or uncollapse certain posts. The plugin can be installed by following the guide in the How to install plugins in Discourse link.
The plugin features a collapse/uncollapse button under the wrench icon for staff/TL4 users or directly in the post button for other user groups. Configuration options include enabling post folding and specifying groups that can fold posts.
Lhc_fl mentions that the plugin can be coordinated with the Topic OP moderation Plugin, but it is not a requirement.
Denvgeeks reported issues with the plugin, including permissions errors and a conflict with the enable filtered replies view setting. Lhc_fl fixed the syntax error causing the permissions issue and later disabled the folding filter for the filtered replies view to resolve the conflict.
Denvgeeks suggests mentioning the potential conflict in the plugin settings, while Lhc_fl considers the behavior a feature rather than a bug.
I discovered there is a strange behavior with the expandable reply count, when the setting enable filtered replies viewis enabled (checked as shown below)…
I don’t think it’s a problem with my plugin because I can’t reproduce it in either my test environment or my forum. Is it possible that it’s a problem with the theme or other plugins you installed?
This mis-behavior (as shown in the above video) happens when I have this plugin enabled and also have enable filtered replies view enabled. They both provide similar behaviors, and having both enabled at the same time seems to cause a conflict. Just using one or the other seems like the best answer.
My only suggestion would be to mention this in the plugin settings.
This is indeed a point to be improved Anyway, I disabled the folding filter for the filtered replies view.
But I think this is not a bug, it is a feature, because it does exactly what it is supposed to do: fold the posts you folded, leaving the rest unchanged.