Power Automate Support and Microsoft Teams Webhook Connector Discontinuation

Microsoft announced that their Office 365 connector, which is used to post message cards to apps like Microsoft Teams, is being discontinued. After performing some internal validation, the official Chat-Integration plugin only supports Message Cards to the Office 365 Connector, meaning that Microsoft Teams webhooks via Chat-Integration will stop working in October 2024.

I’ve forked the code and added Power Automate support (Microsoft’s replacement solution). Everything works well, and I should be able to provide integration guides and perform a pull request in the coming weeks if others are interested.

While building the Power Automate provider, I came across an opportunity to add posts and reply information as metadata to the webhook. I wonder what the community’s take on how this should (or should not) be implemented. Right now, I’ve successfully added the categories and tags as metadata.

I could see integrations where power users customize how their messages are served and presented based on conditional forks directly built into Power Automate.

What is everyone’s take on this feature idea?