ProCourse Memberships 💸

Thanks for your reply, Jay.

I see that I can restrict a user to add a new topic based on category and the user group or trust level. I want to show membership link(generated by Procourse) to the user who can not add topic or belong to a specific group. Please let me know if it is possible?

Thanks again

The easiest way would be to pin a topic with the instructions. If you don’t like that then you could probably do it with a theme component, but that’s not my wheelhouse.

1 Like

This sounds interesting. If I am using paypal, is there any way to know how much revenue is coming from ProCourse as opposed to other sources which could be paying into my paypal account (donate buttons on other websites for example)? Is there a way to export all payments made through the plugin? If there is no functionality for this, is anything recorded to the database (which could be queried using sql)?

You have a logs page in the admin panel of the forum

I don’t use paypal, but I guess in your paypal account, you’ll have subscription pages related to the ones you created in your forum with more detailled stats

Hi Jay,

I have restricted a user from posting using categories security.

I am using stripe for subscription, when i tried it using test details it returns me 400 error. Please check the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nqssg3

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. Can ProCourse plugin be used as a gateway without charging a fee? I know that I can restrict group access in group settings, but with the plugin, I can show and explain the purpose of the gateway, and step them through it. So, could the billing step be removed if the fee is set to zero dollars?

Can I set the fee to zero, and remove the billing step?

Wouldn’t be easier to set up a group where they can request membership?

Without a fee, this plugin will not do anything more than that

1 Like

Understood, but the registration flow would appear like the fee groups, which is nice for consistency.

Another question: could a $ fee be replaced with a requirement to post in a specific category? This way, users will need to create specific content before having group membership privelages.

You could have a category that was the only category that tl1 could post to and see that tl2 required creating a topic (I think).

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ll play around and report back. It’s definitely food for thought.

After I installed the plugin and created one level for experiment. The link to that level doesn’t open properly (only shows first few lines and keeps processing).

I’ve installed this plugin thru ProCourse Plugin Installer.

@pfaffman I’m re-reading your reply, and I’m just not getting how this would work. I’d like to require a user to post to category 1 before they can view category 2. Would your suggestion help me accomplish this? If yes, how so? I apologize for not getting it.

I can perhaps help regarding categories and groups, but not beyond.

Can you pls elaborate your problem with example?

I was thinking that TL1 or 2 required creating a topic, but that’s not the case. I think you’d need a plugin that would put people in a group when they had posted in a category. I’m guessing it’d be in the $500-1000 range.

1 Like

In category #1 I would like to post links to exam study materials. This category will be a group category, and users who want access to these topics will need to post a topic to a separate category (category #2). Once they’ve done that, they be added to the group and can see category #1 posts.

1 Like

Ah!
Sorry. This is beyond me.
I understood your requirements only now.

Any chance of adding other currencies? We are on NZD.

Hey ProCourse Team,

We’re about to integrate and I have a couple of questions. Based on reading through all the replies on this thread, I’m guessing we will need the three plugins - membership, teasers, static.

Our community is ALL paid. Meaning if you don’t join, you don’t get to read the forums. We also ask users to fill out a form for us to collect data about them. We’re a professional community so it’s questions such as “What is your job title?”

Can we integrate the form into a static page during the sign-up process? So the user flow would look something like this:

• Create an account in Discourse
  • User is able to login and via the Teaser plug-in see topics in certain categories. This is important because we have a board and they have a private area. I’m guessing the category restriction is done via Discourse mostly with the user level of new users, and the Teaser plug-in just doesn’t allow them to read the replies?
  • When they click on a topic instead of the replies is takes them to a static page where they are allowed/directed to join to access the rest of the content.
  • Can they then be directed to another static page to fill out the form? Once form is complete and submitted, they are redirected to the payment page.

And lastly, is there some functionality to have sub-memberships or at the very least a tiered pricing? We currently have two kinds of memberships - individual and company. Companies get 3 users included in their membership and it’s not the individual membership rate x 3. I would love some thoughts on how best to manage this.

1 Like

These plugins don’t change anything regarding the account creation, it will work as usual

and

The category security will be respected. The content of the topics will be hidden but you can activate the teaser on the categories you want.

The title will be visible, the name of the category also, but if they’re not a member of the private group, they won’t access anything

If you don’t have the right accreditation, they will be redirected on the link you chose. Here is the setting on a category:

For the link, I redirected to a static page where I presented the different offers. I created a basic html table (it’s in french and not very responsive friendly, but it will show you what can be done with the static page)

To recap :

• you can restrict a category to a specific group
  • you create a membership that gives access to this group via membership
  • you can use the teaser plugin to show the title and number of replies to this category
  • if the user doesn’t have the accreditation, they will be redirected to the page you want. Like a static page where you list all the directement memberships access.

I don’t think you can create a static page where you can add forms like these. The best way will be to create mandatory custom fields in the account creation using the options already available in Discourse with a validation by the staff, then redirect them to a membership or static page :thinking:

Not at the moment, you can create multiple memberships pages, with a monthly payment, an annual payment for the same group access, but not anything for multiple accounts.

You would need to hire the procourse team to create a addon

https://procourse.co/contact/

2 Likes