Profile Background + User Card Background Uploader

Hey guys,

I just tested a little bit the upload function for a minimalistic profile. And some things aren’t that perfect in case of user experience. But pictures tell more than words can ever describe. Hmm, that sounds in german better. :wink:

Okay, maybe the white background wasn’t the best idea to test this. But hey, no one is perfect.

That Doesnt Look Great:

• As you can see, the images dont fit in the User Card Background Box you can rarely see anything and the same thing for the Profile Background images. Its just cutted.

• The second thing, the dimension mentioned in the hint belov the preview isn’t right. I don’t know the exact dimension. But as mentionded there at the moment, that didn’t worked at least for me.

The Result Looks Good:

At the end it looks okay. But I had to upload and resize a lot and I think most of the users who just want a little cool looking picture up there, dont want to invest that much time to do that. Of course, when its just a pattern, no one cares, but when its something else…

I just wanted to mention, that I really :heart: :discourse: . I mean I am writing this post in fullscreen. Just a click and resize. That is amazing. Tomorrow at the first of august my first ever discourse forum will go online. Ah, btw I am from switzerland, the first august is something special for us! :boom: :fireworks: Did I already mention that I also love this Emoji… :blush: Okay. I hope that no one else already mentioned that. And even if its the case. I just wanted to give something back. Cause my coding skills are still improving and I hope someday I can contribute even more!

All the best!

6 Likes

Maybe some css tweak to align/center your image would do the job ?

Thanks @Vernam. Actually I started this thread in the category bug. This is what I experienced here in the meta forum and some other forums which run discourse. I don’t need support on this one. Is the uploader working properly for the rest of you?

This does not meet the criteria for bug as specified in the category description for bug. TL;DR does it prevent normal use of Discourse? no. Feel free to make it a feature req if needed.

My bad sorry! Thanks for clearing that.