On my forum, I’ve noticed that some conversations that should be of more interest to users can get buried amongst other chatter.
I’m proposing to develop a plugin that would enable a “Post / Topic” of the month feature. I was thinking it could work as follows:
- Each time period, a selection of top posts, by likes, would be presented to the Admin team and they would be presented to the user base for voting.
- The Admin could, of course, add their own nominations to this list.
- The winner from the vote would then be added to the Hall of Fame, and optionally pinned globally for a time.
I think it best that users are offered a short list to vote on, rather than being able to nominate any post because:
- It gives increased visibility to a range of top posts
- It encourages participation by the userbase.
At this stage, I’m seeking comments and improvements for this feature set. I’ll then get to writing a plugin to implement it. It’ll be my first plugin. so I may seek help at this stage!
The plugin will be open source.