Question Answer Plugin

(Shashank Singla) #125

@angus I had the same issue. I am using version 0.2

I reported this as a issue here 500 Error when Deleting Post · Issue #9 · angusmcleod/discourse-question-answer · GitHub

(Angus McLeod) #126

@sinister89 @kinto_d @barreeeiroo Thanks guys, there was indeed an issue. Should be fixed now. Please update and try again.

500 Error when Deleting Post
(Shashank Singla) #127

@angus is there an easy way to collapse the comments and hide them and give a button which user needs to click to show comments, like in medium?

Thought behind this feature request is that if the comments are too many or too long, then distract the user from the Answers. Quora and Stackoverflow also do some kind of collapsing but that might need more work.

Stackoverlfow

Quora
00%20PM

(Angus McLeod) #128

Yeah, that’s doable. Remind me next Friday and I’ll do it next weekend.

(Shashank Singla) #129

Hi @angus, just a reminder for implementing the hiding comments features.

Again, thank you so much for doing this! Really appreciate it!

(Angus McLeod) #130

@sinister89 I’ve added a visibility toggle for comments. You can set the number of comments to show by default using the site setting qa comments default

Hidden comments for an answer display if:

• the “show [x] more comments” link for that answer is clicked.
  • user starts to compose a comment on that answer.

Example topic: What has cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; and water, but no fish? - QnA - Angus' Sandbox

Example post with qa comments default set at 2

(Evgeny) #131

This is a good change, but if you change useragent on (Android):

Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:13.0) Gecko/13.0 Firefox/13.0

then the topic will be empty. Perhaps some errors, with the change of the template.

(Shashank Singla) #132

Thankd @angus for the change, really helpful.

I am also seeing the same issue as reported by @Stranik.

I have attached the console log. You can replicate this in a chrome browser by using the device toolbar view of “Galaxy S5”.

(Angus McLeod) #133

Thanks for the report. Please see if this fixed it.

cc @sinister89

(Evgeny) #134

Hiding of the comments is working. Thanks.

I unfortunately do not use the plugin, but only part of the code, and perhaps I have only a private case. If there is a new notification, clicking on them, my throws are not at all the answer, and in the middle of the theme. Yet again, maybe it’s just me. I tested it on my computer.

(Danny Goodall) #135

Summary

I believe there may be a bug with QA Plugin - but it might be another plugin from your studio @angus.

On a post that is a reply to a previous, nonadjacent post above, pressing the link to the original poster/post opens the summary of that post but throws JS Console errors.

After these errors the page no longer receives updates. Pressing like registers a like with the server but does not refresh the like symbol, new posts no longer automatically appear, etc.

Background

It’s been driving me crazy for some time trying to centre in on the cause. Finally, I’ve been able to reproduce the issue on my dev site with the QA Plugin enabled and see the issue disappear when the QA Plugin is disabled.

However, on my live site I have disabled the QA Plugin and the error is still there - hence my comment that it might be shared code with one of your other plugins which are still enabled (but I’m guessing there).

Steps to reproduce

I’ve managed to reproduce this on your sandbox, @angus. Follow these steps.

1. Go to this post of mine which is a reply to ryanerwin.
  1. Click on the link to the replied post and the replied to post should appear.

1. Open the JavaScript Console

2. Press the like :heart: on your post “Sure thing, go ahead” (although I believe any like you press will reproduce the problem).

3. You should see an error in the console

1. You’ll notice that your like will not have been reflected in the user interface - but probably has hit the server.

Let me know if you need any more information or if you are not able to reproduce it. I guess it could be something in my environment that is causing the issue.

Cheers, Bletch.