Ranked choice polls don't do runoffs correctly

This ranked choice poll has 15 voters. The result says Fantasy won in the first round.

However, it only has a 7 of the 15 votes for rank 1, which is not a majority. Since ranked voting requires a majority, there should be at least one runoff in this case.

2 Likes

@merefield do you want to look at this?

1 Like

I will take a look at your issue in time.

Can you please PM me the votes export using the export button (might be under the cog)

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not an admin so I don’t think I have that option. Let me know if there’s anything I can do as a regular user.

If you could ask an admin for it I’d be most grateful.

1 Like

Raised a PR (currently in draft) for this.

It was a fairly simple bug in the majority check (most of the PR is a new test based on this exact example)

@seanblue let’s discuss in our PM you are happy to move forward with this change.

Once we’ve discussed together, I’ll mark this Ready for Review.

2 Likes

I responded in PM, but everything looks good to me. The admin of this site has been busy lately and never responded to my request for the data, so I appreciate your time investigating it even without the data.

2 Likes

Great to see people using this functionality and nice when people report issues in such detail, making it much easier to track down :+1:

PR has been approved, I guess it will be merged imminently.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.