Raw Post Button

:discourse2: Summary Raw Post Button will add a button to the post menu. When you click the button, you’ll get a modal / popover with the raw (markdown) version of the post.
:eyeglasses: Preview Preview on theme-creator.discourse.org
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/raw-post-button
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

Samples

Settings

There’s only one setting and that setting is min_trust_level

This setting allows you to set a minimum trust level the current user needs to have before they can see that button. It defaults to TL0. Anons will never see it.

How do I install this theme component?

Follow the theme installation guide and add the theme component to your active themes.

If you’re new to Discourse themes, you can learn more about them here.

Credits

The idea for this component was proposed by @EricGT :+1:

41 Likes

Awesome.

Now it just needs to work as keyboard shortcut. Since r is not used, I would suggest that.

For those not use to using keyboard shortcuts enter ? when not in edit mode to open keyboard shortcut popup.

2 Likes

Per post keyboard shortcuts only work if the post is selected with J / K. When you have a post selected, the R key is already used for reply_to_post. So we need to find a different shortcut for that.

4 Likes

Great idea! It’s especially useful to post internal markdown templates for forum staff members in order to use them in wordpress, or any other markdown-“compatible” system.

How about to add a Copy button the the raw post popup?

4 Likes

Raw post dark colour isn’t applied in combination with the new Dark Mode setting:

This would be super useful :heart_eyes:, I’m often finding it difficult to copy longer chunks of raw text directly from popup, especially on mobile.

3 Likes

Hi there, I apologize for bumping.

What could would I have to edit, exactly if possible, to replace the icon with another Font Awesome icon?

Thanks,
anythingoracve.

There is no admin option to change the icon.

AFAIK the only way to do it would be to clone the GitHub repository, modify the code by either hard coding a new icon, or adding a new option, then use the updated code on your site.

You could also request that as a new feature, but there is no guarantee on when it would be done.

HTH

2 Likes