Rebuild app runs out of memory

hi
im reinstalling discourse from previous non docker instalation in lxc container to docker version as suggested in forum …just now the script ran long time and i’ve got to a stop with following errors. internet is saying that docker ran out of memmory …but non docker version was working ok so i didnt check the settings from lxc container if it limits docker so if anyone can suggest how to procced on matter. i cleaned LXC from previous versions and started new install and since i have reverse proxy i manualy entered initial values and started rebuild app as is written on forum…

settings from LXC:
cores = 2
memory = 2048

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake themes:update assets:precompile' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 1179 exit 137>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"assets_precompile", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake themes:update assets:precompile'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 137

1 Like

A rebuild will use over that, which is why we recommend a minimum of 3GB, between RAM and SWAP.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.