Rebuild Failed: bootstrap failed with exit code 137

I get the following error when trying to rebuild. Saw similar thread in here and removed some plugins but that didnt resolve the issue

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 666 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.3.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "tag"=>"build", "hook"=>"assets_precompile_build", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
4490985a65ce2bcadfb9a4dbf82c674b9fd999dc32d42cc9e7c3c265f73c9c6c

Full log attached
rebuild_log.txt (39.6 KB)

137 is is out memory. Add memory (ram) or add swap.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked. Site is back online!

1 Like

I had this earlier, I usually do package updates and reboot before rebuilding but I didn’t this time.

Rebooted and rebuild worked straight away, must have been just enough.

1 Like

Not a bad idea! Adding a bit more swap seems easier if you can spare the disk space.

I’ve encountered this problem, sometimes it’s not the problem that the RAM memory is too small, it should be caused by it not manually allocating RAM for docker, before restoring your website backup, you must first execute the ./discourse-setup command, and then he will automatically allocate memory for Docker, and then you can ctrl + C to terminate the command, upload the backup app.yml proceed ./launcher rebuild app

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.