Remove Personal Chat items

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to build a very minimal sidebar experience for a client, using only a few lines filled with Custom Hidebar Section Topic; and do not show anything else.

Thanks to @Lilly:

i could do this to hide the Community, tags, messages and chat channels (yeah, not a very lean piece of code but it’s ok).

.sidebar-section[data-section-name="community"] {
  display: none
}
.sidebar-section[data-section-name="tags"] {
}
.sidebar-section[data-section-name="messages"] {
}
.sidebar-section[data-section-name="chat-channels"] {
}

I would also like to also hide the Personal chats items, but i don’t find the corresponding data-section-name.

I hope this was not solved somewhere else… i have tried to make a tour of the support litterature, especially the very good piece of post of @shyguy, without success (at least for a rookie like me).

Tks a lot for any piece of help or advice!!

PS: i am JB and this is my first post on this forum :tada: (after a couple of years of presence, and especially on the last 4/5 months). Thanks for this wonderfull community and software!

3 Likes

hi @JBM. welcome to Meta. :wave:

does this work?

.sidebar-section[data-section-name="chat-dms"] {
}

are you just wanting to hide chat stuff from the sidebar or are you wanting to turn off chat altogether? you can disable chat plugin in admin-plugins-chat-settings.

3 Likes

also i think you can write all that code something more compact like this:

.sidebar-section[data-section-name="community"], .sidebar-section[data-section-name="tags"], .sidebar-section[data-section-name="messages"], .sidebar-section[data-section-name="chat-channels"], .sidebar-section[data-section-name="chat-dms"] {display: none}
2 Likes

Terrific :star_struck:!

This is exactly what i was looking for (inedeed, i just want to hide the group & personal chat from the minimalist sidebar and still keep it visible on the top header only)!

Tks for your prompt help (& your warm welcome!).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.