Render a component within a Widget. (Using select-kit components within plugin code)

(Alexis Duran) #1

If we successfully define a select-kit component within a plugin we are easily able to use it within a *.hbs template file using its pluginApiIdentifiers however, in order to attach that component within a widget using JS code I am not able to make it work. For instance:

I have:

import DropdownSelectBoxComponent from 'select-kit/components/dropdown-select-box';

export default DropdownSelectBoxComponent.extend({
  pluginApiIdentifiers: ['header-profile-dropdown'],

autoHighlight() { ... },

computeContent() {
    return items;
  },

mutateValue(id) { ... }
});

Then I can go to any template I want to overwrite and write like:

(taking as an example the discovery template)

<div id="list-area">
        {{header-profile-dropdown}}

And the snippet above will work flawlessly, BUT how I will include that component into a widget like:

api.reopenWidget('user-dropdown', {
        html(attrs, state) {
          if (this.site.mobileView) {
            return h('div.profile-dropdown-container', [
              this.attach('header-notifications', attrs),
              --> I NEED ATTACH THE COMPONENT HERE <--
            ]);
          }

}
      });

NOTE: much of the code has been skipped to keep the post brief. Feel free to ask for the full code if needed.

PD: I have already tried to describe this issue at How to attach a component to a widget with just markup? but looks like it was a too complicated explanation so I am trying to reduce the information here to make it clear and try to find an answer.

(Alexis Duran) #2

I think it was a matter of ask myself the right question: “How to render a component within a widget?” that’s why I updated the topic title. I have found few results already such as: How to render Component inside Widget? I will take a look and post any useful finding if it is needed.

(Alexis Duran) #3

Sadly enough looks like it is not possible, simply put we need to find a way to create a widget instead to render what we need to and render a widget within a widget, cause using the connector there are a lot of limitations. Check also: Rendering Component in decorativeWidget API