Reorder Categories Rights

It appears all mods get “reorder categories” rights? Any way to restrict that to admin only?

It’s very confusing where the option is placed, as it appears as as if it’s a personal setting, not a site-wide setting.

2 Likes

Hmm what are your thoughts on this @hawk?

I see the validity of this being an admin only function but I don’t think we should change that now as there will be communities that structure workflow around mods being able to make these changes (or alternatively we could put it behind a setting).

It would be easier to put a warning at the top of the reorder modal warning that the changes will affect all users.

3 Likes

I wonder how many people are really getting confused by this? I don’t like to take action based on a single report from a single person.

Let’s wait for the rule of three here at minimum.

6 Likes

Just an update on this - There is now the moderators manage categories and groups admin setting, which will allow moderators to reorder categories if the fixed category positions is also set:

(and not allow them to if left default disabled :+1:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.