Replit deployment?

What would I have to do to make Discourse work on Replit?

3 Likes

A lot of reading … ask at Replit … it looks like it’s for coding teams.
I don’t think you could host an instance of Discourse with the SSD and CPU sizes I saw mentioned.
If you can install Docker on Repit and meet the minimum specs needed for Discourse it may be possible.
I can’t see any advantage using Repit over usual cloud installs (Digital Ocean etc).
Which seem cheaper and faster.
Plus they work with the recommended install.

6 Likes

I eventually got it to work without Docker (I understand that that means that official support is not an option), but there were some issues with egress limits, as I explained here.

1 Like

you should probably explain that basically, there’s a limit of about 10 GiB of data that can be sent from an account in total. The discourse instance uses so much that 9pfs has seen it all depleted in just one day with only a handful (like 6) concurrent users

2 Likes

That limit can be extended, but it is far too expensive to extend it, since the forum used over 12 GiB of egress and it costs $1 USD for each 10 GiB of additional egress.

1 Like

that’s true but if you think about it, 6 users using it uses 10 GiB, so for each day you’d be paying 5$ dollars for ~5 users so it’s about 1 dollar per user per day. That’s not exactly feasible

1 Like