z-index: 9999;
.d-button-label{
    display: none;
}
svg{
    margin: 0;
}

}

I’m trying to make a fixed button inside the topics on mobile that you can press and reply regardless if you read all the replies on it.

Without clicking in the box and drag.

Hit the button for you to be able to reply in the topic.

I was almost successful at that.

But the reply button only shows that way (fixed, following you) after you reached the bottom.

Any tips?

3 Likes

AFAIK topic-footer-buttons is not present in the page of a long topic until you reach the last set of posts where a footer is appended, so CSS alone won’t do the job.

It’s a bit of an odd one though, responding to the topic ‘at large’ implies you have read it. If you really want to reply to the topic you can click the reply button on any post, then change the reply action to ‘Reply to Topic’:

It’s #theme-component territory, because you’re making structural changes to the layout. Moving this from #support because your CSS proves you’re doing everything right to control the element once it’s actually present within the page.

2 Likes

I can read it later if the topic has more than 200 replies (or just 50 replies). Sometimes here in Discourse I just want to know what is going in the last replies and participate because there is a discussion going on.

Lol. I have no idea that was possible, because it is that not clear, it seems to be just an arrow in the editor. :face_with_monocle:

Almost. I want it to work as “Reply to the topic, not any specific post” option that’s hide. Let’s see, then I create a topic in #theme-component.

What I meant is that a theme component can do this, the #theme-component section is for sharing completed theme components. I moved this to #dev as you’re going to need further input on how to achieve this.

The alternative is create a topic in #marketplace, assuming you’ve a budget to have someone else work on this for you.

4 Likes

@Merlls_Rizzini, having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

I just replied to you on private message.