Reply+{messagekey}@... optionaly in header "from" in addition to "reply-to"

Hello,

I know it’s not a bug of Discourse, but a missing feature in some email clients (I have three examples in mind, such as the default and, for what I know, only email client of Firefox Os) which ignore the reply-to header, and reply directly to the sender (with the address info@… for exampe in the case of discourse)

Would it be possible to let the user have the possibility to force header “from” being the same as “reply-to”, for workaround?

1 Like

Ignoring Reply-To is a very serious bug indeed.

Right, but I have seen this problem on various mobile dedicated email app… Until now no problem with desktop programs I tested.

I know it’s not a problem Discourse team is responsible with, but it could be a workaround for helping the user still continue using the ml feature, until these bugs are solved by each email application providere.

For information I opened an issue ticket here 1152683 - [email] reply-to header ignored because mailbridge tries to use an array value like a singular value

For the iphone apps, it’s less easy as I did not find a place to report issues, so I made comments about the apps but not sure if they will be read by developers.

Someone replied and even changed the title of my report

Summary: reply-to header is ignored in email app → [email] reply-to header ignored because mailbridge tries to use an array value like a singular value

Not sure to understand what it means…

1 Like