Searching all discourses, with google?

Hi
I want to search all discourse installations using google. For other boards, sometimes people do inurl:forum|viewthread|showthread|viewtopic|showtopic. But discourse urls are so minimal (/c and /t ?) there doesn’t seem to be anything to get a hold of. Or maybe my google fu just isn’t up to the task.

I guess this is a shot in the dark, but is anyone aware of a way I can do something similar, searching all discourses in google via specifying inurl?
thanks

What’s the goal? Why would you need to limit your searches to only Discourse results? Can you elaborate?

My particular use is a bit niche. But there’s actually a wider niche that this fits into, which is that a lot of people used to find the google search feature “Discussions” to be really valuable for finding excellent content about a topic. You can re-create that feature, for the old style boards by the inurl term I mentioned above. But you still can’t include Discourse in that.

Myself, I’m actually looking for a way to find and narrow down venues to have a particular conversation in a modern way :slight_smile: ie I have invited a friend to a sort of debate, and we want to have modern tools available to us to have it, and to have it in a somewhat appropriate place.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I’m looking for something similar. I like the Discourse platform and the level of discussion it creates. I’d like to find a community that uses this platform. I’m looking for a place where there may be debate, as you are, but I’m interested in other types of discussion as well. If you find a way to find more Discourse forums, I’d also be interested.

1 Like

You might be able to do it by adding the required word Discourse to the search, like so:

albacore

versus

albacore +Discourse

The plus sign means it is a required word for the search to be valid. Except… Google removed support for this in 2011. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like