How to get forum search result in Google like quora?

This images says everything. So when a user search “How to solve ___ in this software” in google search , we get very structured results from Quora and stackoverflow.

Am not exactly sure how to get this but previously I have used Google Webmaster Structured Data

And when people search, i was able to get something like below . Do you guys know how? because currently my discourse site on webmaster shows " We do not detect any structured data on your site."

2 Likes

This only applies to Q&A software, outside of the solved plugin, that does not apply to Discourse.

That said as @david recently pointed out, we should try to make this true for topics where solved is indeed being used.

8 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!
Which means I would assume this is not possible now even with any changes. In future, it might be possible as you shared.

1 Like

My two cents: Just give to your forum some space, and just focus on your content.
Stop thinking on SEO things, and Google results.

I admin a discourse forum about SAP (in Spanish) and like your first screenshot I have results on Google such this:

So… magic discourse :clap:

7 Likes

Perfect! Definitely I would follow what you said.

I just want to make sure technically if we need to anything to achieve this. So the answer is no!
Magic discourse :hugs:

I believe that’s a generic thing that could show up on any website with a high number of “relevant” results.

3 Likes

Nothing at all.
Just keep Discourse update.
I don’t use any plugin (just Data Explorer for admin purposes).

1 Like

Not sure to start new topic, but I find this topic is relative. Just to know, it is possible to make browser search in your community forum. This might be helpful when a forum is a powerful community knowledge base.

For example, in Edge:

• goto edge://settings/searchEngines
  • create new engine Meta with URL like https://forum.example.com/search?q=%s
  • goto edge://settings/search
  • make Meta as default search system
  • make address bar as default (recommended)
  • type your request in new tab and enjoy results.

For topics which require auth, you need to be logged in in other browser tab.