SendGrid needs root cert installed

(Rocky Lhotka) #1

I am trying to set up my first discourse server, using docker and hosted in azure.

I have it running, but can’t get email to send from discourse. Looking at the production.log file in the container it appears that the problem is a lack of root cert packages in the Linux machine

Sent mail to someone@example.com (143.7ms)
Job exception: hostname "smtp.sendgrid.com" does not match the server certificate

Googling around seems to indicate the problem is that I need to install the Godaddy root cert in the container.

Does that seem correct? Why wouldn’t the standard root certs already be available?

(Sam Saffron) #2

That seems very strange, our image is based off Ubuntu, SSL connections work from the server to other spots.

We need to make SSL connections regularly to onebox links (do a search on oneboxing) do they work for you?

(Rocky Lhotka) #3

I don’t know that anything works, as I’ve been unable to validate my initial admin user.

(Sam Saffron) #4

You can validate it by hand if needed

./launcher enter app
rake admin:create

(Rocky Lhotka) #5

I’m rebuilding the container right now to not use TLS - but once it is running again I’ll try the rake command.

(Rocky Lhotka) #6

It may be (ok, it is) the case that I needed to use sendgrid.net rather than sendgrid.com as the smtp server :frowning:

(Jeff Atwood) #7