Setup wizard banner never disappears

The long and short, I’ve completed the setup wizard (I’ve also tried it multiple times) - however the

Welcome to your new Discourse! Let’s get started with the setup wizard :sparkles:

banner never disappears. I’m not sure if this is a bug but I figured I’d post here before considering it one.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey there @seraphimrp - Sorry to hear about the setup wizard being displayed. May I ask, are you seeing something like this appear:

A repeated “Welcome to your new Discourse. Let’s get started with the setup wizard”? Also, when you click on the wizard is it taking you anywhere that you can confirm the original design you completed? If you’re able to, you could try rebuilding the container in PuTTy or SSH using to see if that helps with clearing that banner:

cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

It doesn’t repeat, no. It’s basically just stuck.

The wizard takes me to the Step 6 page, which I’ve already filled out (it seems that the company name section isn’t sticking in there but it’s in the settings).

I’ve also rebuilt a handful of times to no avail.

1 Like

This could obviously be bad practice, and is just a gut feeling, but it might help if you turn on the hidden setting bypass_wizard_check? :thinking:

1 Like

The wizard takes me to the Step 6 page, which I’ve already filled out (it seems that the company name section isn’t sticking in there but it’s in the settings).

That is the company name and domain name right? Are there any special characters or even extra blank space before/after the domain URL?

1 Like

The setup wizard has been updated recently, so this may be a consequence of that change. As there have been two reports of this now (The wizard does not save the information), I’ve moved this over to #bug so we can get it some extra attention. :+1:

3 Likes

Here’s the fix:

This issue was because the wizard last step was not saving changes and that is why the banner was not disappearing. Completing the last wizard step (step 6) again should make the banner go away.

Thanks everyone for reporting this issue and helping with debugging! :heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.