Wizard doesn't remember the mission statement

When you re-run the wizard, it doesn’t remember the introduction entered previously, so you have to re-enter it every time, or something.

FWIW, I’m not quite sure where this Introduction goes – to a topic?

1 Like

This does seem to be a legit bug, can you add it to your list @techapj?

2 Likes

It works fine for me on latest Discourse version. I can see the “Introduction” pre-filled when running the wizard again.

Yes, the “Introduction” goes to “Welcome to Discourse” topic. The content gets prepended to the existing/seeded welcome topic.

For example I entered “Welcome to techAPJ’s Discourse forum!” in the introduction step, and you can see the resulting topic here: https://discourse.techapj.com/t/welcome-to-discourse/8

1 Like

Well, it was 5 months ago when I noticed this. Something might have changed. :slight_smile:

That doesn’t make any sense to me.

So then you’re left with a sentence prepended to some text that itself says that it needs to be edited. I don’t quite understand the benefit of sticking some text in a message that says “Edit this”. It would seem like either the wizard should let them edit the entire message or none of it.

Maybe there should be a notification or one of those alarms on /admin that says “You really need to fix this.” ?