Sharepoint Online spfx webpart

Anyone built or know of an xpfx webpart for SP online?

1 Like

What does this have to do with Discourse?

i am looking to add Discourse into my corporate SP online and did not want to iframe it

I don’t think you will be able to integrate it properly as a Client Side Web Part in Share Point. Putting Discourse in an iFrame also results in a bad user experience.

Discourse assumes it has full control over the page, and our recommendation is for it to live in a dedicated subdomain, where it can be themed to your company visual identity.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for that response…

1 Like

Perhaps I’ve a different use case than the OP; we don’t want to embed Discourse in its entirety into a Community’s Sharepoint CMS, but rather to provide a dynamic activity feed to drive people to engage with one another in Discourse. As such, I’ve been able to embed a list of topics filtered to a tag or category into a Sharepoint site without any dev effort by:

1. Following the highly configurable embed instructions here
  2. Saving the result as an .aspx page
  3. Uploading the page to the site’s asset library
  4. Going to a modern page and pasting the URL of the uploaded .aspx page into an ‘Embed’ webpart

Would be great to replace that clunky cluster-fudge with a configurable sPFX webpart… :wink:

2 Likes

I am also looking for a solution like this, being able to pull a summary feed into a O365 sharepoint site would be amazing for us.

2 Likes