Show on user card

Feature request: Can the staff notes icon appear on the user profile card? Would be nice to be able to add/view a note from the latest view.

6 Likes

Probably a good idea for it to show somewhere on the user card.

6 Likes

Just had an admin ask for this.

This should be doable now in a Theme, right?

1 Like

It’s three years later. Do you still think it’s a good idea to show a staff notes link (or some of the notes?) on the user card?

2 Likes

Maybe … the tricky thing is what would happen when you click the icon. Cause you don’t want absolutely position a window on top of another absolutely positioned window.

Oh. I think it’d just go do the user page (which it does anyway), I think that the idea is just making it easier to see that there are staff notes, and, perhaps, to add them to the user card if there is room.

3 Likes

Hmmm it does not take you to the user page now, it pops a modal:

Modal squared is not ideal. I guess adding the icon next to where the cakeday icon goes now is fine, and having it link to the user page with a tooltip.

Sure, I support that change.

Oops. Yeah. The double-modal is yucky. I guess that’s why he wanted such a change.

Could a theme component squeeze the staff note or the beginning of it, to the card?

Support as in #pr-welcome or support as in, someone will be on it next week. :wink:

We will take this once we free up… some time in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

It’s done.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-staff-notes/commit/52338dd6eb837724b18e5850fd3355eae8a442ee

I like to show the “staff notes” popup itself instead of redirecting. What if I closed the user card before opening staff notes popup? I’m able to do it like this.parentView.parentView._close()

5 Likes

I am not sure, @awesomerobot what do you recommend we do here?

Closing the usercard and opening the notes modal seems fine to me — I think it would be better than redirecting to the user page.

7 Likes

Done :+1:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-staff-notes/commit/b5cb662802226fbe18ab60eb0c32e61c4add261e

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.