Show Welcome Link Banner for specific Categories

Hello,

I want to hide the Welcome Banner in the Category Pages (/c/xxx or /c/yyy). Is there any way to set this as a parameter?

2 Likes

This theme component is the perfect blend of the standard banner and the versatile banner. We would love to incorporate this, but we need it to be at a category level. I completely agree with @Diego_Santos’s request.

1 Like

Do you want to hide it for specific categories or show it only in specific categories?

In common / CSS of a theme component:

Hide for a specific category where <category-slug-here> = the category slug:

.category-<category-slug-here> .welcome-link-banner-wrapper {
    display: none;
}

Show only for a specific category:

.welcome-link-banner-wrapper {
}
.category-<category-slug-here> .welcome-link-banner-wrapper {
    display: block;
}

Hide for multiple categories:

$categories: 'general', 'site-feedback', 'staff';

@each $category in $categories {
  .category-#{$category} .welcome-link-banner-wrapper {
  }
}
4 Likes

Ideally, it is only used in certain categories, but also, ideally, we can individualize the content in the header to that category. We see it as an alternative to a sidebar for that category.

For example in Category A we would want to include a live-status of a service we offer, but in Category B (not related to Category B) we want a way to submit a ticket via a PM.

3 Likes

hmmm, yea this would require some additional features or even a different theme component altogether. To make this component work with individualized content, you’d have to install a different copy of the component for every different banner you want. I mean, I can think of a way to do what you are asking with multiple installs of this component and some css, but it’s a bit of a hacky solution.

The welcome banner component is meant as a welcome banner. But a category specific info-banner with similar structure built to your needs seems like a solution here. I can definitely see the use case if you are wanting to just have a navigation banner for certain categories (instead of the sidebar, which can be hidden by group/category as well). :thinking:

3 Likes

Just curious Lilly. Could they make a companion component that overrides the Link Banner Text with an Override to use this text if Cat B and this text if Cat C?

2 Likes

It would be great if the functionality of this theme component was the same as the versatile banner, where you can specify routes with regard where it should appear.

5 Likes