Showing Profile of who's presently invited on a topic

Recently, i’ve invited other users to participate in the topic, but I can’t see their profile photos or can’t even recall who I invited to join the topic.

Is there a way to show this? or plans of showing this in the near future?

2 Likes

You can view the status of your invites on your user page under invites.

3 Likes

I think what OP asked was a topic-specific list of invites, that is only users that were invited to join a particular topic.

2 Likes

see previous reply, but this also doesn’t really work (isn’t applicable) for SSO-site invites.

1 Like

is the SSO-site limitation also responsible for this?

I can’t seem to open/copy the link

That’s because you entered a username, not an email address. Try entering an email address if you want to mail a link to someone.

Username means they already have an account.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

Perhaps we could change the dialog to make that a grey button titled “Copy Link to Topic” if you enter a username? And it just uses the ?u=you form.

2 Likes

A bit pointless, since it is identical to the link button at that point, but sure why not! @techapj can you make it so?

edit: clarification, the above change applies to non-SSO sites only. I should have been clearer about that. You can’t send email invites on SSO sites because that would bypass the parent site authentication, which is a security breach.

3 Likes

Another clarification: Yes, that was the idea - give another route for users to get the same result :slight_smile:

4 Likes