SSO locked me out of Discourse!

Sorry, we are totally stretched for resources here, the only install method we support is the official docker based install

Yeah, the rails c we’re looking for is this:

- file:
     path: /usr/local/bin/rails
     chmod: +x
     contents: |
       #!/bin/bash
       # If they requested a console, load pry instead
       if [ "$@" == "c" -o "$@" == "console" ]
       then
        (cd /var/www/discourse && RAILS_ENV=production sudo -H -E -u discourse bundle exec pry -r ./config/environment)
       else
        (cd /var/www/discourse && RAILS_ENV=production sudo -H -E -u discourse bundle exec script/rails "$@")
       fi

@zogstrip bug - whitespace is being trimmed from the start of a fenced code block

1 Like

@sam Totally understand; should of avoided going for an easy install. Thanks for replying.

the docker install really is the “easy” install imo, it takes us less than 15 minutes including all the waiting.

1 Like

@sam - thanks. Will definitely have a look. Out of interest where would you choose to host it? I am currently trailing Amazon, but new to the whole environment and don’t want to make another mistake with the project due to time constraints. Thanks.

AWS, Digitalocean, Linode… there definitely are some good providers out there.

S3 is not a VM hosting service, it’s a storage service. I think you meant to say Amazon EC2.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that. I just pushed a fix :water_buffalo:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/aa41a9ce700a1a39d13c189d0f769694bce603aa

@Moter8 - thanks for ideas; will check them out.

Here’s what I’m getting back from Terminal (also a newb developer who got locked out b/c of sso plugin w/ WP.

# cd /var/discourse
# ./launcher enter app
# $ rails c
$: command not found
# [1] pry(main)> SiteSetting.enable_sso = false
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
# [2] pry(main)> exit
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
# $ exit

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

the command is rails c not $ rails c

3 Likes

It should be rails c

Also, the [1] pry(main)> is also a prompt, not a command.

1 Like

The way to deal with this these days is /u/admin-login. That’ll send you a link that you can use to log in and fuss with SSO settings from the web interface.

5 Likes